Saturday, July 15, 2006

Day 3 - Lake Anna and Charlottesville

Today was a day of rest and relaxation with an old friend. I drove into Charlottesville with him for a doctor's appointment and on the way back we stopped in Gordonsville for a fantastic lunch. We attempted to visit a Civil War museum, but as luck would have it, it's closed on Wednesdays. We went back to Lake Anna in time to beat a huge thunderstorm. I had not put the cover over the trailer, so my carefully crafted "license plate" got wet and the lamination leaked. People rarely noticed it after that. In fact it now looked more like a muddy Louisiana plate.

I came to this part of the country only once before, on a family trip in 1990. We loved it then and I loved it again this time. So much of our country's history took place in these verdant hills and valleys. I would love to spend a whole summer in this area.

Lots of very enjoyable conversation today, but no miles on the bike.

No comments: