Thursday, August 16, 2007

Say "Uncle"

Day 6 - Bozeman to Red Lodge



The day started with more chatting with family and a late start. Michele recommended I stop at the Leaf & Bean in Bozeman. It was only 5 blocks from my uncle’s house so I stopped for a latte and some coffee cake before heading out, not really believing I’d get through Yellowstone today.

When I made my first fuel stop, I bonked. Not so bad I couldn’t continue, but bad enough to decide not to pass up the next motel. When I got to Red Lodge I checked in to a rustic mountain motel and took a much-needed nap. I cleaned most of the 2000 miles off the bike and caught up with email. Right now thunder is announcing a storm coming in from the west. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for Yellowstone.

Today was a nice, short 150 miles, 2170 since the start.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So what is new with Uncle Gene? How is Phyllis? What all did you do when there? We want details, bro. :) This looks like one terrific trip, Bob. Keep the photos coming - we love it.